When I Googled 2013 food trends, the trend that was on almost every search page was vegetable's taking center stage on the plate.
What better trend to turn into a soup.
See, I cook 99% of all my meals and I think cooking is easy, fun and relaxing. It did not occur to me that most people don't enjoy cooking as much as I do until someone said to me:
person: "You make your own tomato soup?"
me: "How else would you make it?"
person: "It comes in a can."
So here is my trend in a pot
RUSTIC TOMATO SOUP: Not from a can
What's in it
- 18 oz jar of homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp smoked sea salt or sea salt
- Mix all Ingredients except seasoning together in a sauce pan
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat
- Simmer for 10 minutes string occasionally
- Finely chop garlic and add the rest of the seasoning to the soup
- Simmer for 5 more minutes
- Serve warm in soup crocs
- Best served with a grilled sandwich on a cold day
Eat Real Food,